Friday, February 19, 2010

The unconventional, and what works for you.


I'm a firm believer in quality over quantity and an even bigger believer in picking my battles. When my 3 year old wants to wear his football shirt for the 3rd time in a row with 2 pairs of gym shorts on, why fight it? My soon to be 2 year old still sucks on a binky for bedtime, and if it makes him sleep well, which makes me sleep well, why fight it? My 11 year old would rather go to bed in his street clothes than change into PJ's. I really don't know why he prefers this, but if he is in bed by 9PM why fight it? On Friday nights I don't bathe the kids and read a story rather I get them in their PJ's, pop popcorn and put on Sponge Bob DVD's and let them fall asleep in my bed. On nights that I'm really tired and don't feel like messing around in the kitchen I make an easy (sometimes microwaved) dinner and we have a picnic in the playroom. To me, there are just so many more things I could be doing with my children then spending time arguing with them about the little things. So this week I invite everyone to share what they do with their children that may not be so conventional in the parenting world, but works for your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment